Literacy First Charter Schools exists to nurture the whole child from Kindergarten through High School graduation by igniting a passion for comprehensive literacy and equipping them to wholeheartedly participate in their community.
LFCS desires to shape:
Technology literate citizens
Enthusiastic and highly qualified teachers
Aspiring leaders who positively impact their community
Community that understands and supports LFCS
Yearly and fiscal sound budget
- All children will be known, recognized for their unique and creative nature and be comfortable to take risks.
- All staff will be invested in the success of each student through continuous professional development.
- All parents will be recognized as invaluable resources.
- All children will be cultured and literate in a wide range of subjects.
- All staff will have an enthusiasm for teaching using research proven methods where student success is expected.
- All parents will be enthusiastically drawn into the school environment.
- All children will be self-directed life-long learners and innovative leaders.
- All staff will encourage students to be productive, independent values-conscious thinkers.
- All families will serve as links to the community where students can become informed participants in the democratic process.